Tuesday, January 19, 2010

52 Weeks to Better Genealogy: Week 3

Here's your third week challenge:

Assess yourself! You’re great at researching everyone else’s history, but how much of your own have you recorded? Do an assessment of your personal records and timeline events to ensure your own life is as well-documented as that of your ancestors. If you have a genealogy blog, write about the status of your own research and steps you may take to fill gaps and document your own life.

This challenge runs from Saturday, 16 January 2010 through Friday, 22 January 2010. Be sure to submit a comment and let everyone know how you are doing with the weekly challenges!

Myself, I know that this one applies to me. I need to spend some serious time going back over my earlier work, documenting sources, filling in gaps, analyzing, and checking for errors and things that don't make sense. Many times, I have found the answers already among my notes, if I had only done a more thorough analysis of the information. Now, if I can only find some time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment